Welcome to the BAS?Program!
The BAS program is a U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC)?modernization initiative to deploy an integrated suite of financial and business management applications in support of our mission.?
The Secretary of Commerce identified BAS as one of the top Departmental priorities. The objectives include implementing and integrating a suite of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) business systems, enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and business intelligence (BI) reporting solution, and system interfaces in a hosted environment. The BAS Program will continue the ongoing emphasis on achieving organizational excellence and outstanding customer service for the Department.
Scope of the BAS Program?
The BAS Program includes dedicated, DOC business applications for:
- Core Financial Management (including loans, financial statements, and interfaces)
- Acquisitions Management
- Property Management (personal, real, and fleet)
- Enterprise Data Warehouse and BI reporting (to include data from BAS, Grants, Travel, and HR/ Payroll)
- Data archiving solutions
- Related administrative system interface services
Benefits of BAS
- Improved data quality and full data transparency
- Centralized, standardized enterprise-wide data and enhanced data analytics and business intelligence
- Timely and accurate reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Department-wide system, consolidated EDW, and access for management decision-making
- Operational efficiencies and reduced total cost of ownership and risk
- Commercial, cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) with standardized configurations, single Department instance, streamlined business practices, and enhanced user experience
Ways You Can Get Involved?
You can participate in this important enterprise solution for the Department of Commerce.?
We encourage you to consider getting involved in any of the following:?
- BAS Project Management Office (PMO)?
- Bureau Points of Contacts (POCs)?
- Project workshops and other events and discussions/decisions?
If interested in more information, reach out to us at BASProject@doc.gov